Thursday 3 May 2007

The Bills

I was going to say that The Bills – who used to be known as The Bill Hilly Band but I guess that had too many syllables – are great, but someone else said it more eloquently and with more syllables:

"The biggest blast of fresh air to come out of Canada since The Band, the Bills present bucketfuls of good stuff: bustling bluegrass, hillbilly symphonies, gypsy-swinging virtuosity, harmony-rich sea chanties, some great new songs and shades of Cajun, country dance and La Bottine Souriante's Quebecois brilliance."

They don’t appear to have made it to Youtube, but if you go here and click on one of the albums (are they still called that?), you can hear some samples.

3 comments:

Otter said...

Of course they're still albums... but I like how these guys sound.

Deloney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Indigo Bunting said...

Wow. I think I'd really like these guys.